Specialty Gourmet Mushroom Farming at its BEST!!
Mushrooms are THE SUPERFOOD of SUPERFOODS!!
Not only are mushrooms delicious, they are a health powerhouse. Mushrooms or Mycelium are nature’s most potent antioxidant, packed with vitamins and minerals, fights disease and viruses and contain critical phytonutrients that reduce inflammation, boost your immune system and even assists in Cancer Prevention!!
Mushrooms are Nature’s Nutritional Powerhouse!!
Maine Agricultural Association’s Gourmet Mushroom Farm is designed around creating a positive environmental impact while delivering the highest quality, most nutrition packed, amazing tasting mushrooms to our customers.
From our farm in Aroostook County Maine, 100% of our grains and substrates, Mushroom’s growing magic ingredients, are locally sourced and recycled back into our beautiful and historic farmlands.
Our gourmet mushrooms are produced through a full Sustainable Life Cycle of Farming practices and system processes. No pesticides or chemicals are ever involved at any stage of our cultivation process.
We are a Proud Founding Member of the energy positive, Green 4 Maine Campus’ Agricultural Hub!!
Did You Know:
- Mushrooms are not just a delicious food but have incredible medicinal properties and have been used as medicine for centuries!
- Mushrooms are a great source of: B-vitamins, fiber, immune-enhancing sugars found in the cell walls called beta-glucans, have incredible anti-viral properties, contain high levels of antioxidants and also mitigate risk of very serious health conditions including Alzheimer’s, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- The Vitamin D present in mushrooms not only aids to strengthen bones, but it also regulates the production of important Proteins that your body needs to kill bacterial and viral infections.
- Mushrooms have many holistic and medicinal qualities including antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. Unlike other kinds of SUPERFOODS, almost all varieties are exceptionally potent and healthful.
- Important nutrients in mushrooms include selenium, vitamin D, glutathione and ergothioneine. All are known to function as antioxidants that can mitigate oxidative stress, and all are known to decline during the Aging Process. Oxidative stress is considered the main culprit in causing the diseases of aging such as cancer, heart disease and dementia.
- Hershey Medical Center at Penn State showed that mushrooms are also a leading dietary source of the Master Antioxidant in all Living Organisms; Glutathione. No other food even comes close to mushrooms as a source of both of these antioxidants.